Howard Fensterman is the founder and managing partner of the law firm of Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara, Wolf & Carone, LLP., with offices in Long Island, Manhattan, Brooklyn and Rochester New York.
The firm’s primary practice areas include health care law, & malpractice defense, complex commercial litigation and matrimonial law. In addition, Abrams Fensterman has attorneys who focus in a vast array of other legal practices, including estate planning, guardianship litigation, white collar criminal law, corporate law and real estate law.
Mr. Fensterman's experience covers many of these practice areas, as well as handling matters involving professional misconduct, with emphasis on complex health care cases. Accordingly, as we reach half-way through the year of 2017 and as Obamacare keeps facing a whirlwind of indecisiveness in Washington, Howard Fensterman and his firm makes it a point to keep their clients abreast of the latest ACA events and how these events may have an impact on their practice.
On September 12, 2016, the firm has moved from 1111 Marcus Ave to a 44,000 square foot office at 3 Dakota Drive, Lake Success. For Long Island and Lake Success specifically, Abrams Fensterman's decision to move 'across the street' was an important commercial retention. With over 75 percent of Abrams Fensterman's Long Island staff residing on Long Island, area restaurants, shops and banks will enjoy their continued patronage. Additionally, Howard Fensterman, his partners, associates and staff look forward to continuing the firm's culture of service to charitable causes benefiting the greater Long Island area, as both residents and as members of Long Island's dynamic business community.
With their interest in community involvement and awareness, the firm publishes articles that are beneficial to local and non-local communities. Recently, they published 'Ransomware: What to Do When Your Systems are Hijacked'', by Yulian Shtern, Esq,an associate of the firm. The article focuses specifically on ransomware attacks on electronic medical records (EHR) and what providers can do about it.
Some additional publications and events have been:
- "Six Facts Every Physician Should Know About Medical Staff Privileges - Western New York Physician Magazine".
- "Eight Characteristics of an Efficient Finance Department", written by associates Nancy Levitin, Jeffrey Neuman and Katie Barbieri.
- December 5, 2016 - Partner Elizabeth S. Kase, Esq. was honored as a Long Island Power Woman in Business by the Star Network.
- October 13, 2016, Howard Fensterman Congratulated Eighteen Abrams Fensterman Attorneys Named 2016 Super Lawyers.
- October 3, 2016, Frank Carone, Executive Partner was quoted in Forbes.com regarding "How High-Functioning Single-Family Offices Usually Negotiate with Providers Such as Hedge Funds".
- July 28, 2016, Frank Carone was interviewed by WNYC News for a story titled, “In Electing NY Judges, Voters Have Little Say.”
- July 10, 2016, Howard gave a fundraiser for New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio.
- July 6, 2016, Columbian Lawyers Association honored RoseAnn Branda at their annual dinner. Ms Branda is a partner and director of the New York City Matrimonial Law department of Abrams, Fensterman.
- Grace M. Borrino, associate at Abrams Fensterman, was honored at the 62nd Annual Bay Ridge Lawyers Association dinner dance for her service as president of the organization for the past year.
- On June 8, 2016, Howard and his son, Jordan Fensterman were honored at the Silver Anniversary of Chabad, Port Washington, for outstanding work and philanthropy to the organization. Chabad chapters are located across the United States and throughout the world and is designed to strengthen the faith and promote education to the Jewish community.
- May 11, 2016, Abrams Fensterman's Executive Partner Frank Carone was an honoree at the Brooklyn Volunteer Lawyers Project Annual Gala. The Brooklyn Volunteer Lawyers Project's objective is the practical realization of justice for the poor. Through the pro bono commitment of the private bar, the VLP solves civil legal problems affecting people’s fundamental rights.
- April 12, 2016, Howard Fensterman was honored at the Kings of Long Island in Great Neck.
- On February 2016, Howard Fenstermen welcomed to the firm two of Brooklyn's most highly regarded lawyers. Mark Caruso and Rose Ann Branda, of Caruso, Caruso & Branda PC.
- December 2015, Mr. Fensterman sponsored the "Gift of Hope and Life" reception, benefiting the Israel Children's Cancer Foundation.
- November 2015, Howard Fensterman was honored by the Thomas Jefferson Democratic Club of Kings County for His law firm's Commitment to Brooklyn.
- April 2015, Mr. Fensterman was honored by Long Island Business News for providing leadership in the legal practice and support for the Long Island community.
Additional articles can be found on the firm's blog at abramslaw.com.
Mr. Fensterman is also a philanthropist, who contributes to a variety of charities and is a member of the Board of Directors of the the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America’s Long (CCFA). He received his J.D. from Georgetown Law Center and is licensed to practice in New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Washington DC.
On September 12, 2016, the firm has expanded and moved to 3 Dakota Drive, Lake Success, NY.